Are you starting to have issues with your plumbing and not sure what is causing them? Could it be your pipes? The pipes in many Los Angeles homes aren’t particularly noticeable. They are hidden under cabinets and behind walls. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Well, we don’t recommend ignoring your pipes. Those sneaky guys can wreak havoc if they are ignored for too long.
How do you know if you just need a repair or it is time to put in new pipes? It isn’t very easy to see the condition of your pipes but there are signs that indicate the problem is quite serious.
It is probably time to repipe your home if….
- Your pipes are noisy. Old, worn pipes tend to groan and creak.
- You turn on the faucet and wait so long for the water to arrive you almost have time to make a meal.
- There is a humming-like noise of water moving through your pipes even though no water is being used in your home.
- You got scalded in the shower this morning when a family member started the dishwasher. Big fluctuations in water temperature indicate the pipes are old and leaking.
- Your water is brownish or red in color from rust and may even have a metallic taste or smell to it. This is due to corrosion.
- You almost had a heart attack when you saw your last water bill.
- You have noticed a musty or moldy smell in certain areas of your home indicating dampness even though southern California is in the middle of the worst drought in history.
- There are wet or damp spots on your floor or on your walls.
These are some of the signs that your pipes need to be removed and replaced. A quick repair will probably not do the trick. Not sure if you are at the repiping stage yet? Call a reputable repiping company to come to your home, examine your pipes, and give you a free estimate.