Are you starting to have issues with your plumbing and not sure what is
causing them? Could it be your pipes? The pipes in many Los Angeles homes
aren’t particularly noticeable. They are hidden under cabinets and
behind walls. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Well, we don’t recommend
ignoring your pipes. Those sneaky guys can wreak havoc if they are ignored
for too long.
How do you know if you just need a repair or it is time to put in new pipes?
It isn’t very easy to see the condition of your pipes but there
are signs that indicate the problem is quite serious.
It is probably time to repipe your home if….
- Your pipes are noisy. Old, worn pipes tend to groan and creak.
- You turn on the faucet and wait so long for the water to arrive you almost
have time to make a meal.
- There is a humming-like noise of water moving through your pipes even though
no water is being used in your home.
- You got scalded in the shower this morning when a family member started
the dishwasher. Big fluctuations in water temperature indicate the pipes
are old and leaking.
- Your water is brownish or red in color from rust and may even have a metallic
taste or smell to it. This is due to corrosion.
- You almost had a heart attack when you saw your last water bill.
- You have noticed a musty or moldy smell in certain areas of your home indicating
dampness even though southern California is in the middle of the worst
drought in history.
- There are wet or damp spots on your floor or on your walls.
These are some of the signs that your pipes need to be removed and replaced.
A quick repair will probably not do the trick. Not sure if you are at
the repiping stage yet? Call a reputable repiping company to come to your
home, examine your pipes, and give you a free estimate.